Sunday 23 September 2012

Idioms

English Idioms

For the moment
I am living in Lahore for the moment


To let somebody know
Let me know about your scadual.


I am afraid
I am afraid you are too late


To Have a Look
Did you have a look at this book

To have something to declare (at the customs)
I forgot to declare my gold watch



To Keep Control
Teacher must keep control in class

 
I feel like
It is so hot, i feel like a drink
 

Where on earth
where on earth did you by this extra ordinary hat
 

To get off
He got off the train when it arrived at the station
My friend told me to get off at the station
 

To get through
If you stand on the chair you can get through the window

Would you mind
would you mind opening the window

All over
All over the world people live in houses

To make sure
Make sure that he does not lose the watch i gave him




_______________________________________________________________________________
Earn 200 dollars per month Visit 
____________________________________________________________________________
For daily updates
Like and share
______________________________________________________________________________
 

No comments:

Post a Comment